Dear Minchinbury Jets Soccer Club Members,
We hope that you and your loved ones are keeping safe and well. I am sure that many of you are tired of being cooped up at home and are looking forward to getting outside again!
We have received an update from Blacktown Soccer Association (BDSFA) regarding revised plans for the 2020 season. All fully paid registered players should have received an email from BDSFA outlining their plans for the recommencement of soccer in the Blacktown District. Details on season Plan of Management can be found on the home page of the BDSFA website www.bdsfa.com
As your registration is showing as still pending in the playfootball.com registration system, you may not have received the BDSFA update. The club has sent this letter to you to ensure that you know what is happening and what you need to do.
In April, BDSFA sent out a survey to registered players. The response from this survey has given BDSFA a good insight into what players’ feelings were towards soccer for the rest of the 2020 season. With around 2,000 responses received, BDSFA had 23% of respondents not wishing to play this year with the balance either wanting to play or to hold out a bit longer to see what develops with the present health situation. Over 50% of respondents also answered that they would accept a 14-round competition from the start of July that would finish in early October as their preferred option for the season.
Based on the responses received from the survey BDSFA has proposed the following plan of management for the 2020 season
Registrations and Cancellations for Players with Registration still Pending
1) All players who have registered but are yet to pay their registrations (i.e. players pending in the Playfootball registration system), have up until Friday 22nd May 2020 to either pay their registration fees to the club. If you are struggling to pay your fees by this date please contact the Club President, Stephen Bradbury, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on his mobile 0419 170 717 to discuss a potential payment plan. Please be aware that if you do not pay in full by 22nd May or have a payment plan in place by 22nd May your registration will be declined and you will not be able to register with another club in the 2020 season.
The 2020 Season Proposed Structure*
BDSFA has proposed the following structure for the 2020 Season
1) Training to recommence some time mid-June 2020
2) A 14 round season which will commence on the weekend of 3-5 July and finishes the weekend of October 2-4. Semi finals would be played on the weekend of October 9-11 and Grand Finals on the weekend of October 16-18
3) Teams will be regraded into 8 team competitions wherever possible so that teams play one anther twice.
4) There will be no friendlies allowed (no trial matches), no break for school holidays, and no breaks for holiday weekends (please note that round 18 will be on the October long weekend). Any washed-out games will be voided if a full round is washed out.
· The proposed structure is currently the plan that we are working towards. Obviously, any plans that are made are subject to Government approvals and changes in government policy. There will be strict government guidelines we must adhere to, which will include the number of people that can gather at one time. BDSFA is working on plans for each ground which will be sent out once the guidelines are finalised. Our club will also be looking at our own guidelines regarding crowds and may have to look at training schedules and the number of people at the ground on any given night.
If you have any queries regarding the BDSFA plans for the season or with deregistration, BDSFA has a specific email address email@example.com set up for emails or they can be contacted at the BDSFA office on (02) 9675 1211.
If you wish to discuss this with our club, please feel free to contact our Club President, Stephen Bradbury, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on his mobile 0419 170 717.
We look forward to getting back on the field and putting the present health crisis behind us.
Yours in Soccer
President – Minchinbury Jets Soccer Club Inc.