Pre-Season Newsletter - 19/01/2022
Minchinbury Jets Soccer Club 2022 Season Registrations & Pre-Season
Welcome to Minchinbury Jets Soccer Club for the 2022 winter season. After a difficult couple of seasons affected by Covid enforced interruptions, we look forward to a more settled season this year. Whilst we may still have some COVID protocols in place, we expect this year to be a more “normal” season of soccer. The 2022 season is planned to be an 18 round season starting early April and running through to August, with finals in early September.
We invite all 2021 season players, coaches & managers to register with our club for the 2022 season. We would also like to welcome back players who may have decided to sit out the 2020 or 2021 seasons due to COVID. As always, we are happy to welcome new players to the club and help them along in their soccer journey. Online registrations are now open. Please register as early as possible to ensure that you have a place in a team.
Yours in Soccer
Minchinbury Jets Soccer Club Committee
New Registration System
Unfortunately, the old Playfootball registration system that we have previously used for registrations was not able to accommodate the requirements of the Blacktown Soccer Association (BDSFA). They have implemented a new registration program, called Dribl, for the 2022 season.
It is connected to the system that we have used for the team sheets last season.
All players and officials require FFA numbers. If you have played, coached or managed previously you will have an FFA number.
With the new Dribl system being initiated this season the following applies to FFA numbers.
1) New players who have not played previously – you will not need to apply for your individual FFA number. BDSFA will do a mass application for clubs during the pre-season.
2) Returning Minchinbury players – if you know your FFA number please include it in your registration. If you do not know your number, the club will update your 2022 registration with the number from last season’s records.
3) Players new to Minchinbury who have played before will need to contact Playfootball to obtain their FFA number. The link to their support desk on their website is: https://support.playfootball.com.au/support/solutions/articles/22000244363-participant-how-to-locate-an-ffa-number
How to Register
Before you log in to register, you will need to have a few things ready to register. These are:
1) A photo to upload – this should be a head and shoulders photo like a driver’s licence photo.
2) An Active Kids Voucher number (if you are a school aged child eligible for one).
3) Your FFA number (as previously mentioned).
4) For coaches, managers and officials – a working With Children Number.
To make it easier for you, we have a link to the Dribl registration portal on our club website, www.minchinburyjets.com.
* Once on our club homepage please click on the “Register Today” button
* Then click on the “create an account” button. This will take you to the Dribl registration portal.
* Then in Dribl you will need to enter your details and create a password and click on “Create an Account”.
* You will then receive an email from Dribl to verify the account. Click on “verify account”.
* Once you have verified your account you will be able to log into your account.
* Click on the “New registration” button on the right side of the screen, the into page will appear. Go to the bottom right of the screen and click on “Next”.
* Select Minchinbury as your club click next and then continue through the registration
Once you have registered online you have two options for payment. The first is to pay us online as part of the online registration process. The second is to print out your invoice and bring it along to one of our Club Information Days. When full payment is received, the club will accept your registration. Please note that all registration fees must be paid in full before the club can process a player’s registration. The club will not register any player who is not fully paid up or has an outstanding Active Kids Voucher. The club also has Zip Pay facilities for anyone requiring a payment plan
NSW Government Active Kids Program
The NSW Government will continue the Active Kids Program in 2022 and is offering a $100 voucher to any child between the age of 5 and 18 who is attending full time school in NSW. Parents can apply for their child’s vouchers through Service NSW. Our club website www.minchinburyjets.com has a link to Service NSW that can be accessed by clicking on the “Register Today” button and then the “Apply for an Active Kids Voucher” button.
Please get your Active Kids Voucher number before you log on to register as it will be required when registering. Please also be aware that once a registration is fully paid for there is no refund of payments if an Active Kids Voucher is provided afterwards.
Due to the disruptions to the last 2 season, the committee has decided to discount club registration fees for the 2022 season ($45 per adult and $30 for Juniors): The registration fees are:
Ages 5 - 7 $180*
Ages 8 – 11 $185*
Age 12 $210*
Ages 13 -16 $215*
Age 18 $235*
*Players are eligible for the $100 Active Kids voucher if they are full time school students.
Age, 19 and 20, All Age, Over 30 Women & Over 35’s $340
Premier League $350
All registration fees include all weekly match / referee fees and a club fund raising levy. No further match fees or fund raising will be required during the season.
This year, Blacktown Association will also be offering a rebate to players who played in the Blacktown Association in 2021. Rebates will be $10 for ages 5-11, $15 for ages 12-17 and $40 for ages 18 and over. This rebate will be deducted from the cost by the Dribl registration system during the payment / checkout process when payment is received.
Club Information Days and Payment of Fees
We will be holding 3 Club Information Days. These are to help finalise the registration of players and officials and for player registration fee payments. Our Club Information Days will be held at Minchinbury Reserve, Minchin Drive, Minchinbury (our home ground) on the following days:
Saturday 29th January; 5th February
; and 12th February from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
Meet The Coach Day
Every year, the club holds a “Meet the Coach” day for our MiniRoos (ages 5-11) where we organise the players into teams and ask for volunteers to help coach and manage the teams.
This year we will also be holding a free sausage sizzle for the players and parents to help welcome you to the 2022 season.
Our “Meet the Coach” Day will be held on Saturday 26th February. The times for this will be:
5’s, 6’s and 7’s – start at 9:00am
8’s and 9’s – start at 10:00am
10’s and 11’s – start at 11:00am
We ask that everyone arrive 15 minutes prior to their start time to get their name checked off.
Grading for Junior Comp Teams
Grading of junior comp teams (ages 12- 17) will depend on the number of teams that we have in each age group and how many new players sign up in our junior comp teams. If numbers are like last season, we will get the teams together for a “Meet the Coach” on Saturday 26th February (times to be confirmed). If grading trials are required, they will be run in the first week of March.
Uniforms & Club Gear
Playing shirts are provided to all teams free of charge. These are given to your team manager at the start of the year and must be returned at the completion of your last game in 2022. Players who don’t return their shirt will be declared unfinancial and excluded from club presentations.
Other Uniform Items and Club Gear
The club will have shorts and socks and other club gear available for purchase and collect at our club registration days and throughout the season. You can also order and pay for your gear online at any time throughout the season through our club website www.minchinburyjets.com and have it ready for pick up at registration days or training sessions.
Please note that all uniforms must be paid for in full at the time of purchase